Monday, November 27, 2006

Using dogs as a model, I intend to present a new way of looking at nature so that we may have a new way of looking at evolution. I am going to show that there is a fundamental common denominator to all animal behavior: in other words, all behavior no matter the action, no matter the species, conforms to a template that serves as the organizing principle of animal consciousness. The evidence of this will be most easily discerned in the behavior of dogs. And if what I claim is true -- that all behavior has one thing in common, I will argue that a theory of evolution based on natural selection, with its central premise being that organisms vary according to random genetic differences due to mutations, with more adaptive variants accumulating within a population’s gene pool by virtue of a competition against other organisms within a world of limited resources, is illogical. While I recognize that at first such a premise might seem outsized, I trust that in the following posts it will evolve to feel not only conservative, but ultimately a matter of simple common sense.

No comments: